Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

What A Life I Lead

Hello You, whoever is reading this. 

     The currents of inspiration have been flowing through me in the days past, so much so that I felt inclined to begin writing them down. Now, I am typing up my ideas in an extremely detailed fashion. Why? For the sole purpose of sharing them with you! 

      I have some great things up my sleeve, things that I am quite proud of, things too wonderful to simply put on Facebook. But enough about those things, because if my 12th grade English teacher were here she would punch me for using that word so frequently (Sorry Mrs. Mullally). On to the real reason I'm here: Blogging. 

I don't know if it's my new wonderful iMac, the music I've been obsessed with the past few days (thanks to my friend Karla over at Casual Bedlam), or the fact that I have the font on my computer set to resemble a typewriter that has inspired me to begin blogging, but I am doing it for one of those reasons I'm sure. Even in the past ten minutes I have added three more ideas to my list of future posts for this, Jamesdottir. I'm on a roll. No, literally, I was just sitting on a leftover roll from Thanksgiving. 

Now that I've changed my pants, I am going to begin this, my first post, talking about something we all have: A Dream Job. And I'm not just talking about something you wish you had gone to college for, or that position you wish you would have snagged; I'm talking the one thing you love so much you wish you could get paid to do it. 

I have a few dream jobs that fit this bill. Who knows, one day I may be able to have one of them, but for now I will dream about it. 

This is my top three countdown of the jobs I can only dream to have one day:

3. Singer in a Professional Choir
        
        This may sound strange, but one of my favorite extracurricular activities in high school was being in the concert choir. Although I joke about it now, and also blame it for my aversion to early Christmas fans (christmas music from August-December will do that to you), I absolutely loved being in a classical choir. There was something about how you could sit around, plinking out your parts on a piano for two weeks and it would somehow come together into this beautiful masterpiece that always astonished me. It's rare that I do not hear a choir and wish I could get paid to sing. 

2. Photo Editor

If you do not know, I had a brief stint as a photo editor for high school seniors at a local studio here in Jacksonville. By the end of my time there, I was on my A-game. I mostly spent my days re-editing photos to be printed in a large format, and for that, teenager's faces had to be perfect. What I do now is a complete 180 degrees from what I did at the studio, I'm in finance. I go through moods where I really miss working on photos. Every time I receive a monthly catalog from Anthropologie, I study the pictures, wondering what it would be like to work for a major publication. I look at magazines and dream of how fun it would be to be able to retouch photos that millions of people will see. I know I could do it, it's just about getting a foot in the door. Maybe one day. 

1. Tina Fey

It's no secret to my close friends that I love Tina Fey. While some girls look up to women like Marie Curie or Eleanor Roosevelt, I look to Tina. She has my dream job. She has worked as a writer for SNL, been on the SNL cast, hosted Weekend Update, and now is the creator/star of 30 Rock; all while rocking a stylish pair of glasses. Let's face it, Tina made glasses way cool. She has made her living writing funny things, and I wish I could do the same. 


  Those are my top three! What's your dream job? 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging! I love your first post. Keep up the great work.

    -Ly
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete