Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Things: I Got Soul

My weekend was rough. I spent most of Thursday and Friday scouring car dealerships, doing test drives and pulling out the "courtesy laugh" to all of the eager car salesmen. Trying to find a new car for myself has been one of the most annoying processes I've ever endured. I've been searching for a new car for a couple of months now, and searching through AutoTrader and Craigslist posting consumed almost every hour of my free time. 

My main problem was finding any car that I liked enough to justify paying the amount of money I would have to pay. I had plenty of options, but unfortunately the final decision came down to my father, whose credit I was using to get a good rate. He wanted me to buy a brand new Civic. But that was just too boring for me. I couldn't see myself in a Civic. I had looked at every car. Calculated every cost, every mile of gas, imagined every possible scenario and had no decision made. On Wednesday, I reached my breaking point. I was sick of the process. I decided I was going to buy a car no matter what. Come Saturday, I was fighting a sickness (still am), but had decided I wanted a Kia Soul. After sitting in the dealership for hours, I finally got the keys to my new love! 



I love looking out in the driveway and seeing my new ride. This is my first new car, and I'm paying for the whole thing. I feel like I've reached adulthood, and that's the perfect way to enter the new year. 

Happy 2012 everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment