Pages

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Oh I wish...

With the Christmas season swiftly coming to an end...in twenty minutes...I thought it best to try and fit one more blog post before I leave for holiday this week. Yes, I know it's been a while since my last post, I have given myself leeway to post whenever the opportunity presents itself. I may be sporadic at times, but I'll still be here.

My family opens all of their presents on Christmas Eve, and after all of the presents were opened and the Christmas wishes fulfilled, I began thinking of how awesome Christmas would be if there were no restrictions to what you could get. A completely selfish and budget-free Christmas list. As if an unknown benefactor suddenly decided he/she wanted to make this Christmas the best one you've ever had.

I had lots of fun assembling this list. I gave myself no budget limitations, but only chose pieces that I have
1. Had my eye on for a while, but haven't wanted to purchase just yet.
2. Have been oogling over for years, but can't afford.
3. Would love to have, but would never pay that much money for.


1. Wacom Intuos Wireless Tablet - I've been wanting to invest in a pen tablet for a couple of years now, but never did because I was still saving up for my dream computer, which I now have. Will this tablet be in my future? Possibly.
2. Raynor Ergohuman Leather Chair - This chair is at the top of my list. Not only is virtually every aspect of the chair adjustable, but it looks like it would actually be comfortable to sit in for hours on end. I am desperately in need of a chair like this at the moment.
3. Billingham 555 Shoulder Bag - With the ability to hold three SLR cameras and multiple lenses and accessories, the fabulous black and brown color scheme isn't the only reason why this bag made the list.
4. Nikon 24mm f/1.4 Lens - This lens is the cream of the crop and #1 on my list of lenses that I want.
5. Nikon 1 V1 Camera - This camera is relatively new, I don't even know if it's a great system that has all of the kinks worked out yet, but I want it. There's something about having a compact camera with the same familiar feeling of looking through the viewfinder and being able to focus a lens that is so attractive.
6. Nikon D3s Camera -  This camera is a hoss. It's huge. It's heavy. I want it. And have wanted it ever since I discovered DSLR cameras.


1. Ethan Allen Bryant Leather Chair - Not only does this have a great modern look with some classic elements, it looks super comfy.
2. Sailing on a Ship -  Anyone who has gone shopping with me probably knows of my current obsession to find a fabulously huge painting of a ship. I do not know where this desire came from, but it is one I have yet to fulfill. I look for ships at every thrift shop and antique store. I've come close, but no cigar.
3. Kitamura Cabinet, Anthropologie - Let's be honest, I could probably go to Anthropologie on any given day and find twenty things that I want to buy, but this cabinet is something I took one look at and fell in love. With it's stunning brass detail, it could stand by itself in a room without any help from accessories.
4. Brass Sailboat Figurines, High Street Market - I stumbled upon this little Etsy shop a couple of weeks ago and was instantly enamored. So much so that I even purchased a beautiful pair of brass partridges for my sister for Christmas. These sailboats simply fulfill my love for all things nautical.
5. Coralie Bed, Anthropologie - I've been looking at bed frames in hopes that I will one day be freed from my tiny bedroom and twin bed and can buy a big bed and a glorious bed frame. I love the gray color and ornate details. It has an understated grandeur.


1. Gold Silk Shirt Dress, Liberty - I'm in love with this dress. It's the kind of thing you could just throw on, be comfortable and not be worried about immodesty or a copious amount of accessories. The dress speaks for itself. 
2. Acne Tri-Knitted Top - This shirt speaks to every comfy bone in my body. Throw on a good pair of jeans and some brown oxfords and you're good to go. 
3. Poppy Print Shirt, Liberty - I have a new love for floral print button down shirts, and this one is just absolutely fabulous. 
4. Navy Silk Farmdress, Liberty - This dress speaks to the Grandma-in-training within me. It may scream Martha Kent to some of you, nevertheless it's exactly what I look for in a dress. 
5. A.P.C. Pullover in Grey - There are certain brands of clothing that I just can't afford, but love anyway. This sweater, made of cashmere, is on my "I want to go to there" list. 
6. A.P.C. Boyfriend Shirt -  A comfy cotton button-up perfect for throwing on and heading out the door in five minutes. 


1. Steve Madden Intyce Boot - I'm pretty much a fan of any black boots with gold details. I didn't have to think twice about these because of they're wonderful simplicity.
2. Proenza Schouler PS1 Medium Bag - Proenza Schouler bags are ridiculously pricey, but I'm a sucker for a well-made leather bag.
3. Cole Haan Deana Moccassins - I'm a sucker for a shoe with braided leather. I'm also a sucker for loafers. Enough said.
4. Stuart Weitzman Upbeat Two-Tone Riding Boots - I've been wanting a pair of these boots for a very long time. I love combining black and brown, and these boots are the perfect way to tie those two together. Also, they're reminiscent of some riding boots Mr. Darcy wears in the 2005 reincarnation of Pride and Prejudice, which is where I think I first spotted their beauty.
5. Rose Cut Grey Diamond, Kate Szabone Jewellery - If you're looking for some unique and absolutely gorgeous jewelry, look no further than this little Etsy shop. I'm in love with this grey diamond ring, and now I just need a man to give it to me :]

Lastly...
A Subaru Forester - This is my current dream car. I call it my "Colorado Car" because it will come in handy for my eventual move to the glorious land. One day...I'll have one...

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment