Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

What Beautiful Strands You Have

I officially have a hair crush. The kind where you decide in a moment you love everything about that person's follicles. I don't normally get it when people say they envy other women's hair, probably because I'm okay with my hair, but as of a few days ago, I began a new hair goal: I want hair like Christine Easton.

If you don't know who Christine Easton is, don't fret, she's a fictional character from the 1966 film "Walk, Don't Run" also featuring Carey Grant and Jim Hutton.

The film is set in Tokyo during a housing shortage of the 1964 Summer Olympics where Sir William Rutland (Carey Grant) and Steve Davis (Jim Hutton) both arrive two days early and need a place to stay. They both end up renting a half of the spare room in the apartment of Christine Easton (Samantha Eggar). I suggest watching the movie to discover the outcome. It's extremely clever, full of excellent surprises and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Not only do I love the fashion of the times, I truly wish I could live in her apartment. It's so simple, though small, but the minimalism that comes with Japanese architecture is so appealing to me.

But I digress, back to the real reason we're here: I love Christine Easton's hair.

This is the first time the audience is introduced to Ms. Easton, she has just arrived home, and her hair is pulled back in a rather large bun. Reason #1 I love this look: it's extremely close to how I already wear my hair. A few adjustments and this look is complete.


This is the moment in the movie when I realized I needed to have hair like this. It's a gorgeous color of red, and it's so simple. I will also use this opportunity to state I love Jim Hutton in this movie. He's this tall, gangling man that is slightly disagreeable but you can't help but love him by the end.


Again you can see the huge bun Ms. Easton is styling. And shout-out to her friend, Aiko, for almost stealing the shot with her fabulous suit...which I want.


Here you can kind of make out her hair, but really I just think it was a sweet moment and had to share. Everyone around them is dancing their native dance (they're all Olympians from around the world), there is russian music being played, and over in the corner Chris and Steve are slow dancing. She was gorgeous, and even with no shoes on, she's still standing as if she were wearing them.


Here, they are at the games looking for Steve, not knowing what event he is in. Although I don't know where I would even find one, I would wear a hat like this.


Did I mention Steve's event is Speed Walking? Oh...must have slipped my mind.


I probably have another year before my hair will get this long. And I'm still waiting on my bangs to grow out, but you better believe when they do, I'm dying my hair red and wearing it like this all the time.


This is my attempt at Christine Easton hair for the moment. I really love wearing my hair like this. It's a far cry from the over-complicated hairstyles I have had in the past. Maybe one day I'll share those with you...maybe.

I hope you all are not too stressed gearing up for Christmas, with all the shopping and merriment and what not! I leave you with my absolutely favorite (and possibly only favorite) Christmas tune. Take it away, boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment